Monday, March 19, 2012

World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria

It had to happen at some point, the World of Warcraft blog. Oh boy, oh boy!
I had to blog about the next expansion in the series, mainly because its the one that has gotten the most flack from just about every WOW player out there since it was announced at Blizzcon last year.

Pandas. There I said it, and it still pains me to say out loud with out cringing a little. Anyway Blizzard decided to invite the press to their offices in Irvine to sell...wait I mean talk about the new expansion. A smart move on their part.

It was a smart move because for the last 7 years the World of Warcraft has been a dark place. There has been war, strife, suffering and death around every corner.  Blizzard never had to call a press conference to sell any expansion, at all. Ever! Blizzard delivered what the fans expected of them. Until...

Pandas in yo face fools!
Pandas. See? Put on your suit and tie Mr. Metzen, you have an expansion set to sell!

Okay, so I'm done ragging on Pandas and Blizzard's sales men like tactics, for now.
After all the info that  came out today I do have to admit the expansion got me a bit hyped. Blizzard is making some great additions to the game this time. Cataclysm failed in a major way in my opinion, and for once Blizzard rushed a product that was just not quite done, though I do blame Activision more so than Blizzard for this fallacy.

I'm not going to sit here and write out all the changes, there are just too damn many! So, I will do you a solid and give you this stuff:


...And this
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

MMO champion is a great site for WOW news, they did a great job covering everything and they are still adding stuff, even now.

So there you have it, the next WOW expansions is on the horizon. I will play it, and probably have tons of fun doing it. I've been playing WOW for the last 7 years, it has wormed its way into my life and I really do not think its going anywhere soon, no matter how many Pandas get thrown my way.
Damn you Blizzard!

2 comments: